Backdrop is a social network connecting travelers and locals with the most aesthetically pleasing locations around the world. Our mission is to aid and improve the travel experience for tourists, content creators, photographers, and the everyday person who just loves a picturesque space.
We’re looking for someone who can spearhead our marketing efforts and bring Backdrop to the forefront of travel around the world!
In this role, you’ll:
• Oversee digital marketing and ad spend strategy
• Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
• Research advertising trends and decide on appropriate placement of ads
• Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
• Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
• Oversee development and adherence to annual marketing budget, and ensure proper allocation to support yearly initiatives
• Create go-to market strategies for new markets and carry out market research for existing and emerging markets
• Oversee offline event marketing efforts
• Develop and manage budgets for event programs
• Execute offline events (including event partnerships with relevant brands)
• Deliver marketing activations and brand partnerships that build relevance and awareness of Backdrop in key markets and target audiences
• Collaborate with relevant businesses (hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, apps) within the travel and social media industries to reach wider audiences
• Oversee global campaigns and cross-channel strategies, encouraging influencers & creators to see Backdrop as go-to platform to create and build an inspired audience & lifestyle.
1. Minimum 3 years experience in product marketing, experiential marketing, brand marketing, digital marketing or related experience
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive alignment among multiple stakeholders
3. Strong analytical skills – particularly data interpretation, research and reporting skills
4. Proven ability to lead teams and work cross functionally in a highly collaborative environment
5. A proactive self-starter with a global mindset
Tap here for more details.