Boulevard is accepting entries for its annual short fiction contest for emerging writers. the winner will receive us$1500 and have their story published in the magazine.
Boulevard is an American literary magazine established in 1985 and based at St. Louis University in Missouri.
Their Short Fiction Contest for Emerging Writers is only open people who have not yet published a book of fiction, poetry or creative non-fiction with a nationally distributed press.
The contest is open to writers around the world and entries may be submitted online or in hard copy.
These are the instructions for entering the Boulevard short fiction contest:
- All entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2017, or submitted online by midnight CT.
- Entry fee is $16 for each individual story, with no limit per author, and includes a one-year subscription. Make checks payable to Boulevard.
- Author’s name, address, and telephone number, in addition to the story’s title and “Boulevard Emerging Writers Contest,” should appear on page one.
- Manuscripts should be typed and double-spaced.
- Cover sheets are not necessary.
- No manuscripts will be returned.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but previously accepted or published work is ineligible.
We accept works up to 8,000 words.
- All entries will be considered for publication and for payment at our regular rates.
- Entries will be judged by the editors of Boulevard.
- No one editorially or financially affiliated with Boulevard can enter the contest.
- The winning story will be first announced on the website, traditionally during June, though occasionally earlier, and then published in the following issue of Boulevard.
- Mail submissions to Boulevard Emerging Writers Contest, PMB 325, 6614 Clayton Road, Richmond Heights, MO 63117 or submit online.
Submit your entry here.