Digital Catapult is looking for a Digital Communications Executive to help hrow our social media channels and deliver exciting content for our industry-leading projects
As part of the Communications Team, you will support the execution of social media campaigns across a number of priority areas for the business and regularly update our website. You will play a key role in engaging the UK technology ecosystem by creating visually appealing posts for Digital Catapult’s community of 50,000+ followers.
Who We Are
Digital Catapult is the UK’s leading advanced digital technology innovation centre, accelerating the adoption of new and emerging technologies. With this, we drive regional, national and international growth for UK businesses across the economy. We also work with a range of organisations – including startups and scaleups, established businesses, investors, government and public sector, research and academia – to discover new ways of solving industry challenges, increase productivity and open up new markets. We work across key technology areas including IoT, AI, 5G, Immersive and Distributed Ledger.
We recognise and value the advantages and opportunities that come with having people from diverse backgrounds working with us and it is our ambition to build an organisation which is representative and reflective of the UK society.
We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are key to creating an enjoyable and positive company culture and ultimately to the overall success of our business and of others we work with. Our company’s values are ambition, curiosity, openness and optimism. The value openness allows our employees to be themselves and demonstrate the importance of respecting each other. Our brilliant people ambitiously strive to inspire, drive and deliver positive change in the sectors and technology areas we work in, both across the UK and globally
What You’ll Do
– Assisting on social media campaigns strategy and delivery for a range of projects across the business
– Working with our Marketing Team to develop collateral, graphics and materials for social media campaigns
– Copywriting and editing social media posts
– Assisting the Social Media Manager in creating the weekly social calendar (creating trackable campaign links, ensuring all imagery & graphics are uploaded to team drive)
– Upload and format content for word press (blogs, press releases, publications)
– Develop social media campaigns to increase Digital Catapult’s brand visibility
– Keeping track of key influencers in the UK technology ecosystem to engage with
What We’re Looking For
– Relevant social media or digital communications experience, previous experience in a relevant social media/ content or communications role (ideally in B2B)
– An eye for design/ social graphics – experience in creating visually appealing content for social users (confident using Canva or similar design platform)
– Experience with adding content to WordPress or similar CMS system
– Strong writing and editing skills – with a particular knack for making complex technological concepts easy to read
– Self-motivated enthusiastic, adaptable and a strong team player with the ability to work across multiple projects at a time
What You’ll Enjoy
We offer a strong learning and development proposition and a competitive flexible benefits package. They include; generous annual leave and family leave, a double matching pension contribution scheme and health insurance which extends to family cover. We also offer our employees ‘giving back days’ to help the wider community and the chance to get involved in company-wide volunteer days.
Closing date for Applications: 18th October 2022.
Anticipated Start date: Nov/Dec 2022
The required qualifications, skills and experiences outlined in our job descriptions are a guide. We welcome applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Please apply using the link to our Careers page on our website rather than via direct contact to enable us to better manage your application