Specifically, the Commercial Contracting Lead will lead a team of junior- and mid-level attorneys devoted to commercial contracting.
This role will interact with our partnerships, expansions, and commercial teams to improve the integrity and speed of both our revenue-generating and vendor contract processes.
This role is a senior leadership position among an experienced, fast-paced legal team.
This position requires;
- emotional intelligence
- leadership skills and
- advanced, senior-level contracting skills.
Leadership is a must-have; emotional intelligence to navigate internally cross-functionally as well as the ability to mentor, train, and support other attorneys are also crucial. The attorney must be licensed to practice in Nigeria and comfortable working among various international locales
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft and / or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, on and as when requested.
- Liaise with and assist external counsel with contract review.
- Develop and make recommendations regarding legal contracting processes.
- Foster internal relationships with internal stakeholders, including commercial and partnership leads.
- Provide leadership, training, and mentoring to junior-level attorneys.
- Be Directly responsible for, at all times, the Company’s various contracting needs; and
- Develop and build out the Company’s organizational tools for tracking and storing commercial contracts.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Minimum of 10 years of experience post call to bar.
- In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of the organization’s strategy & business, product and service offerings.
- Knowledge and experience practicing law in Nigeria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and with confidential matters.
- Excellent knowledge of industry, country laws and regulations covered by the company’s operations.
- Must Possess integrity and professional ethics.
- Must be well knowledgeable with legal requirements and control.
- Familiar with industry practices and professional standards.
- Must be proactive.
- Detail Oriented.
- Team spirit.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience taking a company public is preferred, but not required.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Here