Do you love bulleted lists? Do you feel a surge of delight when you find the perfect word to tell a user what they need to do? Then our development team needs you!
We are looking for a UX writer to contribute microcopy that will enhance the User Experience for administrators, teachers, and students who are working to improve performance on high-stakes tests.
Join a diverse, mission-driven team that is genuinely making an impact in education and strives to be on the cutting edge of education technology in the classroom.
This is a contracted role and is currently expecting 5-10 hours of contribution per week. As a UX writer, you will support the Lead Product Designer to reduce friction for inexperienced users who are learning a new platform.
What You’ll Be Doing
– Write, edit, and maintain microcopy and product documentation to give users a strong learning experience in our software products (B2B).
– Review UX deliverables and make suggestions for improvements with copy.
– Contribute to a voice and tone guide for our software to establish a consistent persona across the user journey.
– Assist in standardizing the system nomenclature and messaging templates.
– Bring a user-centered focus to make our documentation and product language match the needs of our intended audiences.
– Embrace a conversational writing style meant for guiding our users through the product’s features.
The microcopy you will produce includes:
- System recommendations
- Contextual help (tooltips, instructions, alerts, modals, etc.)
Who We Are
MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available and making it accessible to all students. Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
What You’ll Need
– Receptivity to feedback
– High attention to detail
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Familiarity working with wireframes and functional specs
– Inquisitive and articulate in asking specific questions to learn more information
– Able to understand and apply new information, procedures, or principles to perform job duties
– North American English fluency
– Experience working in ed-tech is preferred
What You’ll Get
All contractors will be paid by assignment and only on completion. Assignments are compensated at a rate of $30/hour.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Here