This role would suit a high-performing full-stack marketeer, (with a particular spike in growth) capable of remote working as an individual contributor while nurturing a small team.
As a custodian of all things marketing, we’d love for you to build a world-class function to uniquely position Klasha.
Location: Remote (EU, Lagos Cape Town)
We’re a Seed-stage startup, so ideally you’d be comfortable wearing multiple hats. We’re learning quickly, shipping regularly, and working cross-functionally to build the future of commerce in Africa. You’ll join a mission-led team that cares deeply about connecting Africa with the global economy.
Who We Are
Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make online consumer goods and services more accessible to customers across Africa. We’ve built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online and across borders in local African currencies, alongside an entire toolkit of software products including KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links, and the Klasha App.
Our vision is for African consumers to have frictionless access to the goods they want, regardless of their geographic location, by transacting using African currencies and money methods. Klasha is currently live in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya and Zambia. Klasha is backed by leading venture investors, including Greycroft (investors in Braintree and Venmo), Seedcamp (investors in Revolut), Techstars (investors in Remitly) and Plug and Play (investors in Paypal, Honey and Dropbox)
What You Will be Doing
- Own and deliver our Marketing roadmap.
- Craft our brand voice to ensure we communicate effectively with our customers and partners.
- Be at the forefront of our customer acquisition model, obsessed with all things growth marketing.
- Working with the senior management team on positioning Klasha and our offerings and delivering content to enable sales.
- Devise our marketing playbook.
- Liaise with Talent to create a compelling employer brand.
- Manage our agency usage and your partnership engagements.
- Understand and execute against the local cadence.
- Set, monitor, and report on team goals and KPIs.
- Automate and refine internal processes.
- Organize and lead departmental comms.
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas.
- Conduct market analysis to understand our position in an ever-changing environment.
What You Should Have
- Based in the EU remotely, Lagos or Cape Town
- 5+ years of proven experience leading a Marketing function, preferably in the fintech or adjacent domains
- A true generalist with a growth mindset, able to lead an omnichannel marketing function
- Adept in demand generation
- Automation savvy, with proficiency in analytics and wider tooling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to identify and defend data-driven recommendations.
- A charismatic relationship builder, able to win the trust of external and internal partners alike
- High level of determination and tenacity.
What You will gain
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Mental health wellness benefits; Headspace app subscription and Spill mental health support.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions.
- Diesel and wifi allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Learning and development budget.