Barn2 Plugins is seeking a data-driven SEO and marketing manager to join our growing team. In this remote role, you will have the flexibility to choose your hours and work from anywhere.
You will be responsible for improving our company’s search engine performance, conducting data analysis to inform marketing decisions, and executing a range of hands-on marketing tasks to drive growth. You will work closely with our small marketing team, which includes the CEO, a designer, video producer, a marketing agency and a network of freelance writers. If you have a background in SEO, data analysis, and digital marketing, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll be doing
SEO analysis and performance:
- Maintain an active overview of the company’s SEO performance, working with the marketing agency to constantly find opportunities for improvement, and implementing changes as needed.
- Produce and analyze monthly reports on sales performance, customer retention, SEO metrics, and other key indicators to share with the broader team and inform strategic planning.
- Develop a consistent brand voice for all the company’s written communications and work with all the relevant team members to ensure that this is used across all platforms.
- Alongside our marketing agency, maintain and help monitor a database of the company’s existing content, with all the required data to monitor ongoing performance and spot opportunities for improvement.
- Update and rewrite existing blog posts to focus on different keywords or to reflect recent changes in the plugin; and/or work with a freelancer to arrange these tasks.
- Oversee the creation and upkeep of a content calendar, as proposed by the marketing agency, including providing feedback and approval while monitoring performance to ensure everything is on track.
- Work with freelance writers and other team members to implement required changes to content, such as updating keywords, improving readability, and optimizing for search engines.
- Monitor the impact of content updates and changes, working with the marketing agency to continually optimize performance
- Perform outreach and link building opportunities, such as arranging guest posts, link building, and other types of collaboration.
- Collaborate with the web developer to perform A/B tests to increase conversions on product pages, landing pages, and email campaigns.
Hands-on marketing tasks:
- Collaborate with the marketing agency to develop, implement and monitor our email marketing strategy. This includes newsletters and automated email marketing campaigns, both pre- and post-purchase, and involves developing and implementing strategies to increase the number of email subscribers, optimizing sign-up forms, and creating engaging lead magnets.
- Prepare & schedule social media updates using social media management tools, ensuring consistent posting and optimal timing for maximum engagement.
- Analyze and monitor the company’s Facebook ads, optimizing targeting, bidding, and ad creatives to improve performance and maximize ROI.
- Assign new blog post outlines provided by the marketing agency to freelance writers, ensuring they have a clear understanding of the requirements and deadlines.
- Review and provide feedback on submitted work from freelance writers, checking for quality, proofreading, and correct formatting prior to publication.
- Work with the designer to write and edit copy for product pages, ensuring accurate and engaging descriptions of plugin features and benefits.
Partnerships and collaborations:
- Build relationships with influential industry leaders to raise awareness of our plugins.
- Research and identify potential strategic partners, reaching out to initiate conversations and exploring mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Attend relevant industry events, webinars, and conferences (as appropriate) to network with peers, learn about new developments, and represent Barn2 Plugins in the wider community.
What You’ll Need
Essential skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience in SEO and data analysis, preferably in the software or tech industry.
- Proven track record of improving search engine rankings and driving organic traffic growth.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven recommendations.
- Proficiency in using SEO tools such as SEMRush, Moz, and Google Analytics.
- Perfect written English. If English is not your first language then your written English must be native-sounding.
- Ability to write copy that drives outcomes, translating technical software features into benefits.
- Ability to write in a relaxed but professional tone that reflects the Barn2 brand.
- Excellent attention to detail, with no errors or spelling mistakes.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work remotely and manage work hours flexibly.
Nice to Have
Desirable skills and experience:
- Formal qualifications in SEO and marketing.
- Basic experience of working with the WordPress CMS – for example, creating a WordPress site, managing content, or installing plugins.
- Experience marketing WordPress plugins or similar software products.
- Familiarity with email marketing best practices and tools such as Mailchimp.
- Experience in managing and optimizing Facebook ads or other paid advertising platforms.
- Experience of using Google Optimize or other A/B testing tools to test the effectiveness of your work (e.g. testing headlines and call-to-action placement).
- Experience of Pay Per Click advertising, such as Google AdWords and Facebook Ads.
- Networking skills, with the ability to perform effective outreach and link building work, nurturing relationships with influential bloggers and colleagues from other companies.
How your role could develop
This position offers the opportunity for growth into broader business development and strategic roles as your contributions to the company become evident over time. Our small yet thriving company has the flexibility to provide plenty of scope for role progression.
You’ll report to
Your direct line manager will be Katie, our CEO. You will also work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels, in particular our marketing agency and other members of the in-house marketing team. We will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to be successful in this role.
- Full time position, 40 hours per week.
- Fully remote working.
- Working with a minimum 3 hours overlap with European time.
We are committed to recognizing and rewarding our marketing professionals for their proven value to the company. This position offers a competitive salary range of $35,000 to $60,000 USD annually.
To receive an offer at the upper end of the range, you would need to be very strong in all of the ‘Nice to have’ criteria. If you start lower down in the salary range then we will provide a clearly defined and guaranteed roadmap to increase your salary up to the top of the range. This roadmap comprises specific, quantifiable milestones that serve as targets for your growth and achievements. With no minimum time requirement for progressing along this pathway, you will be promptly rewarded upon meeting each milestone.
What You’ll Benefit
- We offer a flexible benefits package. The exact details will depend on your location.
- Remote working with a flexible work schedule that values work-life balance.
- 25 days holiday, or your country’s legal minimum if this is higher.
- Performance-related annual bonus.
- Yearly budget of up to $1,000 to attend WordCamp conferences.
- Access to paid training.
- A friendly, supportive and open-minded team culture, where we encourage sharing opinions and feedback.
- Plenty of scope for personal and professional development.
We are committed to being an industry-leading place to work and beat industry benchmarks in a recent team experience index survey from TeamWP. In particular team members praised our commitment to achieving a positive work-life balance, remote work, positivity and respect, and quality products:
Apply for this position