Outwitly Inc is seeking a creative, hard-working, and driven Design Intern ( Service Design, UX, CX, Design Strategy) who is excited and passionate about human-centered design!
We would love for you to learn on the job with us, and become a part of our team at Outwitly for the summer!
A bit about us:
We are a consulting firm specializing in UX and service design. We use design thinking, human-centered design and research to solve complex business problems, and we work closely with our clients to create end-to-end user and customer experiences that are delightful and consistent across all channels and touchpoints.
Outwitly’s project’s are typically end-to-end, involving explorative, generative, and evaluative research, as well as UX and UI design. The majority (but not all) of our projects involve modernizing legacy systems and understanding complex user journeys and business processes. We often work on public sector projects across Canada, as well as in healthcare, finance, tech, and insurance.
Outwitly is 100% remote. This is a full-time, remote position based in Canada. Some preference may be given to candidates based in EST, MST, or CST timezones (but candidates will not be excluded if they live elsewhere in Canada, so have no fear and apply anyway). Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada. Due to the nature of our work, who our clients are, and for the security requirements of our projects, candidates must be physically located in Canada in order to work with us.
Outwitly is a woman-owned and operated corporation committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion. Over 70% of our team members are women and 54% are Black, Indigenous, or People of Colour (BIPOC). We’re very proud of living our values at work, and the incredible culture that results. We are a small and tight knit team, but growing fast!
A bit about you:
Are you a current student or recent graduate who is interested in diving into the exciting world of design? UX & service design are our bread and butter, and we’d love to add you to our team if it’s your jam too.
As our Design Intern, you will report to the Director of Design Strategy and work closely with the design team. You’ll get invaluable experience to put on your resume, you’ll be joining our community of passionate designers, you’ll get access to our Outwitly Academy courses, as well as mentoring and coaching from our expert designers all summer long!
What will you work on:
This role is 100% open and we will mold it to you, your strengths, your interests, your career goals, and your development areas. Some ideas of things that you could work on:
- Design research: participate in and lead design research activities including: interviews, diary studies, observations, and surveys. Learn on the job how to plan for, conduct, analyze and synthesize results, and communicate research insights.
- Workshop design & facilitation: participate in and lead various co-design workshops. Learn with the experts how to design them, go-to tools and methods to use in them, and of course how to facilitate.
- Service design artifacts: contribute to the development of customer journey maps, service blueprints, empathy maps, personas, etc.
- Prototyping and testing: contribute to the development of prototypes, conduct usability tests, employ guerilla research testing techniques, etc. in order to gather user insight
- UX Design: contribute to wireframes, user flows, information architecture in Figma or Adobe XD
We’re also excited to learn from you, so if there is something you’ve learned in university that you would LOVE the chance to try out in the real world, tell us about it!
You may be our ideal candidate if you are…
- Passionate about human-centered design. You get really excited about a career involving any of the following:
- User experience design.
- User experience research.
- Customer experience design.
- Service design.
- Empathic design.
- Design strategy.
- Strategic foresight.
- Systems thinking.
- Business strategy.
- A natural systems thinker – you can zoom in to focus on the details, and zoom back out to look at the whole picture and the context surrounding the problem.
- Familiar with the end-to-end design process of discovery to concept creation.
- A visual communicator, who loves story-telling.
- Highly collaborative.
- A curious and creative problem solver.
- Autonomous, hard-working, dedicated to doing quality work.
- Excellent communication skills in English (French is a plus).
- Highly organized in all tasks and projects.
- Tech-savvy, and comfortable using or learning a full suite of digital tools.
Location: 100% Remote (Canada)
Start Date: June, 2023 (TBD, based on your university schedule)
End Date: August, 2023 (TBD, based on your university schedule)
- Student or Recent Grad: Current student or recent graduate studying industrial design, product or service design, human-computer interaction, or related study area (MDes or equivalent is an asset).
- Visa Requirements: You must already be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please email the following materials by March 3, 2023 11:59pm EST to careers @outwitly.com with the Subject Line: Service Designer Internship:
- Cover Letter – make sure to tell us 1) why you’re interested in Service design & 2) why you’re interested in Outwitly
- University Transcript
- Portfolio (or sample work)
We can’t wait to hear from you!