Do you work to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights? Do you use media or the arts as a means to bring about change? Creative Force funds international projects of this kind.
What is Creative Force?
It is a funding programme for international projects which work though media or the arts to strengthen basic freedoms and rights. It offers two types of grant:
- Seed Funding is available for carrying out a planning trip, a visit or a pilot project, for example.
- Collaborative Projects are larger projects with a creative, capacity-building aspect and sustainable goals. You can also use this funding to scale-up a project which has previously received Seed Funding.
Who can apply?
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
- You must write your application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries (see below).
Which countries are included?
- In Africa and Middle East & North Africa (MENA):
- Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- In Eastern Europe & Turkey:
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Ukraine and Turkey
- Northwestern Russia
How much can I apply for?
- Seed Funding: up to SEK 100,000 for an initiative which you must complete within 12 months.
- Collaborative Projects: up to SEK 500,000 per 12-month period. A project may last 24 months at most (in other words, you can apply for max. SEK 1 million).
Check here for more info and apply.