We are seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial founding product designer.
You will be involved in their full product development process, from feature inception to launch, for their worker, business, and internal team products.
You will be the first full-time, in-house designer owning the entire design system. You will partner closely with their CEO & CTO to bring the product vision to life. You will also use your product, visual, and experience design skills to drive an intuitive and engaging user experience.
We are currently scaling at an unprecedented rate. We are a marketplace that connects hourly workers with flexible shifts at warehouses, distribution centers, and event venues. We empower workers to find well-paying shifts—work that is flexible, transparent, meaningful, and available just a few taps away. We provide businesses with a business portal that helps them find the most reliable workers on-demand. By connecting both, they unlock new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth.
User-obsessed . You keep the user-experience and journey central in your design thinking process. You also spend as much time thinking about “why” as you do “how.”
High-level of craft. You have excellent craft and attention to detail. You also understand how small nuances interact to create a seamless, intuitive design.
Systems thinking. As a founding designer, you’ll continue to build the foundation for our design systems and patterns. While laying the tools and processes in place for our future design team.
Collaborative. You’ll work closely with our engineering and operations teams, as well as our users. You’ll also help define our product roadmap and contribute to our growth through experimentation and optimization.
Adaptable. You’re adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment. You embrace iteration and work with pace, bringing vision and direction in the midst of ambiguity.
– Architect and own the design systems, visual identity, and user-experience from the ground-up to scale with our product and team.
– Build pixel-perfect designs for new features across our business-facing web app, worker-facing native app, and internal tools apps.
– Deeply understand and serve the needs of both our business customers and our workers, building a cohesive system that delivers value to both sides of our marketplace.
– Partner with our users to test concepts and synthesize feedback for our product & engineering team.
– Lead design reviews and share your work with leadership and relevant stakeholders.
– Multiple years of relevant product design experience
– A strong understanding of user-experience principles and a people-focused design process
– The ability to see the big picture, and then zoom back into the details
– Experience collaborating across cross-functional teams and effectively communicating your process and design to cross-team stakeholders outside of design
– Excellent visual design in combination with intuitive, interaction design
– Evidence of shipping features and user-experiences that have moved the needle
– Experience designing products for a two-sided marketplace is a plus
– Our client’s mission is to empower hourly workers and local businesses to unlock their full productivity and earning potential.
Dream BIG – We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic – Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset – We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes they fail, but they brush themselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession – We go the extra mile for their workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED ONSITE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS OR MIAMI, FLORIDA.
Benefits: PTO, Healthcare, and more!
Base Salary: $150,000 – $180,000