Getty Images is looking to engage a sports editing intern from April to November in the United States
This is a pathway to work a sports an editor with Getty Images, not a photographer. You will work events based on the sporting event calendar and will have a schedule given to you a minimum of the week before. Availability on nights and weekends is a must.
As a Sports Editing Intern, your role will work closely with Getty Images’ world-class photo editors, photographers, and assignment editors to edit top of the line sport events. You will learn our picture filing software, assignment protocols, and what we look for in our day-to-day event coverage. Your day-to-day will be to edit, caption, and send pictures from sporting events, both live and non-live, to the Getty Images platform and direct to customers.
Who You Are
- You are organized with a skill for logistics and an interest and understanding of the world of North American sports and some global sports.
- A team player who can work autonomously and take the initiative when required.
- You are able to prioritize your workload and understand sports photography effectively.
- You relish the chance to meet new people and build strong relationships.
- You are passionate about all forms of imagery with a focus on still photography, but with a keen interest in video and social first content.
- This role is largely remote, with some travel to provide on-site editing support at events.
Your Next Challenge:
- Familiarize yourself with Getty Images remote editing software and workflow.
- Work closely with staff and freelance editors to deliver impactful imagery to our clients, on deadline.
- Learn logistical arrangements of deploying photographers to locations and events within North America.
- Build relationships with both staff and freelance photographers.
- Learn to use data to add to coverage of games and events.
- Maintain strong relationships with a roster of photographers and receive feedback on the quality of work.
- Participate in major event productions either remotely or on-site.
- Develop knowledge of key editorial clients.
What You’ll Need:
- A keen understanding and interest in media, journalism and the world of sport.
- A keen understanding and passion for social media.
- Image editing experience (including technology experience with imaging software such as Photoshop).
- The ability to foster relationships in a strong team environment internally and externally.
- Strong sense of editorial integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Must be physically able to work for extended periods, sometimes over days or weeks, in all environments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work in a face paced, ever-changing and sometimes hectic environment.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, with a can-do, tenacious attitude, and works well with others.
- Ability and comfort with unusual working conditions: long hours; unsociable hours; limited or exaggerated physical movement; lack of facilities.
- Potential to be able to maneuver or travel long distances while carrying and using photographic field equipment, including ancillary technical equipment.
- Technical capabilities (transmitting, operating a remote camera, social posting, networking).
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook is desirable.
Please note this internship is geared toward aspiring or novice editors who have less than 2 years of experience working for a professional photo agency, publication, or newspaper.
Who We Are
Getty Images is a preeminent global visual content creator and marketplace. Through Getty Images, iStock, and Unsplash, we offer a full range of content solutions to meet the needs of any customer—no matter their size—around the globe
Help us move the world with images! Bringing award-winning imagery to everyone, Getty Images has customers in almost every country in the world, with websites in 23 languages, bringing the world’s best content to media outlets, advertising agencies and corporations, small businesses and increasingly, direct to consumers.
Getty Images works with over 496,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport, and entertainment events around the globe. With over 495 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
What You Can Expect (Mental and Physical Demands):
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 10 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 5 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computers and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Frequent repetition of motions and gestures that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
- Occasionally operating of machinery, technology and/or power tools.
- Occasionally performing role functions in a loud and noisy environment.
- Occasionally performing role functions in outdoor elements that may involve low temperatures, high temperatures, precipitation, snow and wind.
- Occasionally performing role functions in presence of bright, flashing lights.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Here