The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) was created in 2006 to support the effective conservation and protection of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa. The main objective of AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention, specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INTERNSHIP
• Support Programme officers to assist implementing and monitoring programmes and activities of the African World Heritage Fund.
• Develop and update the database of African professionals in the field of cultural and natural heritage.
• Assist with promoting and increasing the visibility of AWHF through social media, the website and other communications mechanisms.
• Assist with the writing of reports and activity miscellaneous.
The intern will work closely with the staff of the AWHF, particularly the Programme Department encompassing the implementation of activities aligned with the AWHF work plan.
Requirements of Intern
• Young African citizen
• Graduate or Postgraduate university degree in the field of Communication, Media, Information Technology, Website Design, Marketing, Heritage, Tourism and other relevant areas.
• Ability to communicate fluently in both English and French would be an advantage.
• Acquainted with online digital platforms such as social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others).
• Highly meticulous and above average skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Able to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic period.
Location of the internship
Midrand, South Africa/ Online depending on Covid-19 restrictions.
The intern will be paid stipend of 12,000 Rand
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: December 3rd 2020.
Tap this link for more details on this position: https://dbsa.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/DBS201110-1