As an emerging professional, you would be expected to collaborate with Matthew Pendergast, curator and deputy director at Castlefield Gallery, on the execution of two major photographic exhibitions.
1. Your Own Light by Allie Crewe (May – July 2022) at Waterside Arts in Sale, Trafford.
2. Gideon Mendel’s Flood & Fire (September – November 2022)
These events are part of Waterside’s contemporary photography program. They are funded by Arts Council England and delivered in collaboration with Castlefield Gallery.
CIT and Castlefield Gallery hope to support the development of a talented curator working on contemporary visual arts exhibitions through this opportunity.
Who we are
“Castlefield Gallery is the center to the periphery, which in my thinking is the best position to work from and where I want to be. Castlefield Gallery oozes with explorers and pioneers, and understands that the currency of a scene is its ability to import and export culture, not sit stagnant in its own melting pot.” Ryan Gander OBE, Castlefield Gallery Artist Patron
Castlefield Gallery is Manchester’s first public contemporary visual art gallery, committed to the growth of current artists and their work. We are committed to advancing the careers and practices of visual artists while also providing opportunities for the general public to engage with contemporary art. Our activities reached over 100,000 people in 2018/19, bringing national and international visitors to the city region and directly engaging with over 2000 people. Artists at all phases of their careers, including recent graduates, are welcome to work with us. The center of our attention is the strength of the piece, rather than the ‘status’ of the artist.
What we look for in a curator
– The ability to work on their own initiative
– The desire to develop their skills
– A genuine interest in contemporary visual art, and photography.
– A confident, engaging, and effective communicator
– The ability to work within a budget and meet deadlines
– A good collaborator
– £2,000 (inclusive of all taxes and expenses)
– 20 days of work depending on experience
– Role begins as soon as the appointment is confirmed
– Project Completion date: 30 September 2022
How to Apply
Please download and read the document below
Curator development Scheme Applicant Information and Person Specification
Deadline for Applications: 12noon, Sunday 10 April 2022
Send an email to email@example.com or telephone 0161 912 5616 (Mon- Sat, 10am – 5pm) for more information.