We are excited to have an intern technical writer join our team!
Based on our commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction and unwavering belief in clear and effective communication, it has become pertinent that we engage a Technical Writer. You would be required to revamp our existing API documentation and produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products and helps take our customer-focused services to new heights.
You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, and product managers to make our products easier to use.
Who We Are
Fincra is a payment infrastructure for fintech, platforms, and global businesses. Fincra provides payment solutions that enable businesses to accept payments securely, make payouts globally, and scale their business across borders.
Vision: Our vision is to simply create a world, where the movement of money is instant and as easy as sending a text message.
Mission: To make it easier for businesses in emerging or frontier markets to transact digitally, at low cost and high speed, seamlessly.
Role & Description:
- Evaluate current content, and workflows and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements, and translate it into simple, user-friendly, polished, and engaging content.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure, and form documentation.
What you will be doing every day
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail and ensure consistency and accuracy
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Firm familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
Cultural competencies (Company culture that we don’t negotiate with)
- Ownership, We are a team of individuals who are the CEO of their roles, and are able to consistently make excellent decisions independently, even in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Our people have the creative freedom to design solutions to problems and the responsibility to execute the right results, expecting the same of your teammates. The company strives to provide overall direction and expectations for each team and role, however, we value people who are able to lead and drive initiatives on their own, in line with the direction.
- Excellence, For us to achieve our very lofty goals as a company, we need to be able to produce best-in-class results, even in the minutest of tasks. We are first principle thinkers and we focus on solving problems from the root cause and not just the symptoms of the problem.
- People Skills, Our people are our greatest asset. They make up the company, the culture and their behavior reflect what our values are. We immensely care about our people and we always make our best effort to see that our people love spending time with each other.
- Communication, We are a people that take feedback seriously and we don’t shy away from even the hard stuff.
- A chance to be an early member of a high-growth startup.
- We pay competitively in the Nigerian market for the matched experience and role.
- Amazing work culture and a company that truly cares about creating the best and most fun place to work.
- We currently work fully remote.
Sounds interesting to you? Apply Here