We’re looking for a Local Communication Specialist to join our Marketing department.
The local Communication Manager is responsible for creating and implementing PR and marketing strategy for Bolt in Nigeria.
This role owns Bolt’s external communication in Nigeria across all owned and earned channels, including creating PR and marketing materials, administrating social media channels and acting as a contact point Manager for the media and potential partners.
Bolt is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe and Africa, with over 100 million customers in 45+ countries. We’re a global team of more than 100 nationalities joined on a common mission – to make cities for people, not cars. And we need you to make it happen
Your daily adventures will include:
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with journalists, responding to media inquiries.
- Writing press releases and pitching news stories to the media.
- Preparing spokespeople and staffing interviews and press events.
- Overseeing the creation of all necessary marketing materials in Nigeria, including suggesting ideas and writing copy for ads, social media posts, blog articles and print materials.
- Supporting performance marketing and campaigns, driving growth for our products in Nigeria.
- Reaching out to other brands with attractive partnership offers and executing partnership campaigns with other brands or events.
- Creating proactive plans for PR and marketing in Nigeria with other local stakeholders to ensure a constant positive news flow about Bolt in-country.
- Delivering and measuring the results for PR engagements and local marketing campaigns.
Other miscellaneous tasks, including supporting employer branding-related activities, ad-hoc driver engagement events and managing crisis communications when needed
Who You Are
- 4 years of relevant experience in Marketing and PR.
- Experience in drafting PR materials and working with journalists.
- Experience in running marketing activities, including social media management and offline marketing campaigns.
- Strong written and spoken communication, including great copywriting skills.
- Capability to collaborate with many different stakeholders, experience in an international environment is a plus.
- Good understanding of which marketing and PR activities work on the local market.
- Flawless written and spoken English, with other African languages being a plus.
- Good project management and reporting skills.
- Basic experience with Figma and other design tools is a plus.
Experience is great, but what we really look for is drive, intelligence, and integrity. So even if you don’t tick every box, please consider applying if you feel you’re the kind of person described
Sounds Interesting?? Apply Now