We’re looking for a Product Designer to create engaging designs according to requirements across the full suite of Kuda products. You will work under the supervision of the Product Design Lead to produce high-quality work.
Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app with a product that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices.
We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world’s most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
You will be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to design and developer hand-off. You should have a strong understanding of design patterns on the web, mobile, strong visual and user experience sensibilities, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
- Use various techniques to create drafts and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions
- Pitch creative and usable ideas
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes, visual design, asset production and developer handoff.
- Use feedback from other designers, customers, and team members to improve the product.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers on the Retail, Business and Internal Product teams to launch features that impact the teams’ KPIs
- 3+ years of experience designing and shipping both web and mobile products and tools.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and user experience design in similar products.
- Experience with Figma.
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping, wireframing).
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, colors typography, and fonts.
- A razor sharp eye for detail.
- Time management and multitasking abilities.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
- Knowledge of and interest in technology and financial services; prior experience working in fintech or digital payments a plus.
- Experience designing, maintaining and using a design system.
- Familiarity with UX writing.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience using graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, illustrator)
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Kuda are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Kuda is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent.
We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Now