We’re looking for a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation.
The technical writer role ideally describes someone who has technical chops, demonstrably strong communication and writing skills and can effectively interact with other writers, software developers, product managers, and project leads.
You’ll also attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences.
As a successful Technical Writer at Softcom (Eyowo), you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving Fintech company. We like to move quickly and win together, so a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes.
What you’ll do:
– Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
– Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators.
– Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples
– Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation.
– Contribute to doc standards, including participating in peer editing.
– Update existing docs to reflect changes to functionality.
– Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication.
– Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy.
– Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption.
– Laser focus on–and commitment to– deadlines.
– Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
– Ability to manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously.
– Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years professional work experience in technical documentation.
– Experience with source control systems and workflow tools–Git, JIRA/Confluence.
– A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
– Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications, or equivalent experience level
– 2 – 4 years experience as Technical Writer
– Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
– A familiarity with API documentation for REST
– Attention to detail with a creative eye and the ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives.
– Track record of effective collaboration
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development