We are seeking a highly creative Visual Communication Designer with strong design and illustration skills to produce a variety of packaging and ancillary assets.
This visual comms designer role requires creating engaging designs, both digital and print, which are on-brand and support and enhance the efforts of our e-Comm, Marketing, and Digital teams.
This position is based at the Chefman corporate office located in Mahwah, NJ, or can be remote, and will report to our Art Director. Salary is commensurate with candidates’ experience and success.
Who We Are
Chefman is a leading global brand of small kitchen appliances.
We are a team of bold thinkers and doers, collaborative and passionate, creating innovative cooking experiences. We get excited about designing products that blend the best of utility, beauty, and quality, delighting millions of customers worldwide.
As the fastest growing brand in our space, you can go as far as your ambitions take you. Joining Chefman sets you up to do some of the most impactful work of your career.
About CHEF iQ
Arising from Chefman’s innovative and bold mindset, the CHEF iQ brand was launched with the simple idea that cooking should be approachable and enjoyable by all.
With intelligence and purpose, we are designing the next generation of innovative hardware, cutting edge software, and next level culinary content to deliver a seamless and immersive culinary experience that guarantees flawless results.
Joining CHEF iQ means becoming part of a passionate team of problem solvers pushing the boundaries of what was thought possible in the kitchen, redefining the future of cooking.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, illustration, layout, and production of package design, guides, and other ancillary print materials within brand guidelines.
- Packaging updates to all materials.
- Create graphics for e-commerce, marketing, and digital teams, including Amazon A+ Premium content, emails, website graphics, and social media graphics.
- Individual should be able to take conceptual direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Help with miscellaneous design projects as needed.
What You Must Have
- 5+ years of experience in a design and production role in package design with proven skills in brand-work.
- Must have a strong portfolio which shows proficiency and attention to detail in typography, layout, illustration, and branding.
- Must be fluent with Adobe CC, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Collaborative work style with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Deadline-oriented with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills —
the ability to juggle many projects at once.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Innate problem-solver.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Nice To Have
- Technical illustration and animation skills.
- Interest in cooking and/or kitchen appliances.
- Editorial design experience.
- Video editing.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Here