If you’re a content designer and you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
• Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
• Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
• Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
• Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
• Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
• Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
Who We Are
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for weddings and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
The Role & Responsibilities
Are you a passionate content designer who wants build cool products and redefine the digital landscape? Then meet our Experience Design Team…
We’re a group of designers, thinkers and makers who craft inclusive experiences across our products. We understand that content is more than just words on a page- it’s at the centre of innovation. We’re not just building products and services; we’re crafting seamless journeys that transform the way our customers connect with the world. We’re on a mission to revolutionise content and the thinking, taxonomy, planning, and connection that sits behind it.
This role will play a key part in driving the content strategy to implement a new global headless CMS, designing semantic, adaptive content models that support omnichannel experiences and collaborating with developers to implement and test your frameworks.
As a content designer you will…
• Design- using clear and simple language to connect users with our innovative products and services
• Research- to gain deep understanding of customer and colleague needs through various thinking methods
• Strategise- to plan, analyse, manage and edit useful and accessible content
• Collaborate- with Product, Marketing, Operations and CTO stakeholders to redesign customer journeys
• Obsess – over the similar design, engineering and analysis processes we love; but for all things content
You will need…
• Expert UX writing & Content Design experience- to prioritise, plan, deliver, manage and maintain content
• Technical Content Strategy- to plan and structure information architecture and create controlled vocabularies and taxonomies to ensure that our content is easy to find, understand and manage.
• Headless Content Management System Implementation- to design workflow and governance processes and content models that support omnichannel experiences.
• Experience with user journey mapping, and user centred design- to gain deep understanding of user needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication- to write high quality short form, long form and UX copy.
Your Wellbeing – We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
• Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment.
• Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app.
• Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause.
• EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Discounts on gym membership.
• Contributory pension scheme & death in service.
Your Lifestyle – It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
• Minimum of 25 days holiday per year.
• Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme.
• Discounts on gym membership nationwide.
• Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands.
• Community support and charitable giving.
Your Contribution – We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
• Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success.
• Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done.