This opportunity is a 6-month advertising placement swap, STEP trainees will work for 6 months at Anyways Creative, and 6 months with Wonderhood Studios.
This placement is a part of Good Growth Hub’s STEP Programme
STEP is a training program for young East Londoners local to the Olympic Park, who are ready to bring ideas, creative energy, and perspectives to the creative and cultural sector.
Placement one – Anyways Creative
What we are looking for
– We are looking for a Junior Creative to work alongside our team.
– You will have the opportunity to experience different parts of the creative process, from initial researching and idea generation to the delivery of a project.
– We are looking for a candidate who will hit the ground running, with an infectious enthusiasm for the creative industry.
What you will do
– Collaborate with, and support the creative team on projects
– Think creatively to come up with new ideas and concepts, and develop them with the wider team
– Work on presentations and documents
– Research tasks relevant to key projects
Skills and experience
– You are passionate about creativity in all its form
– Have great creative ideas and an interest in the creative industry
– You have an interest in developing your skills as a creative across idea generation, art direction, and design
– You are confident in collaborating with other creative, production, and editorial teams
– You have an eye for detail and quality
– You love getting stuck into a challenge
– You’re proactive, self-motivated, and can manage your time
– You are confident using Adobe Creative Suite
– You communicate ideas clearly and effectively
Placement two – Wonderhood Studios
Within your 6 months at Wonderhood Studios, you will be working in Studio A, our advertising agency.
You will be introduced to the world of advertising, understanding how the creative process works from the initial client brief/problem, all the way to the final ad/ branded content going live, and even helping to prove it has been successful at driving commercial results or behavior change. We will provide the opportunity to experience life in a fast-paced and fun advertising agency, across three main disciplines: Account Management, Strategy, and Production. At Wonderhood Studios, we work in a hybrid way, spending two to three days in the office and the rest of the week working from home.
Account management drives the creative process from start to finish and works holistically with all departments. Account handlers add value to strategic thinking, challenge creative work, and ensure the production process is smooth and on budget whilst nurturing client relationships. During your time in Account Management, you will assist Account Managers and Account Directors by making sure presentations are kept to a high standard.
Strategy helps distill client briefs, understand audiences and culture, and provide direction for the creative process. During your time in Strategy, you will learn how our brand planners work, by helping to unpack client briefs, pull together competitor reviews and trend reports, and support writing creative briefs to inspire our teams and help spark brilliant advertising ideas. You will also spend time working in the data planning team (it’s much more fun than it sounds). Data planners are constantly on the lookout for the latest trends and all things culture.
Production turns the ideas into reality. They take words on a page and initial thoughts from our creatives and physically turn them into tangible work, no matter what the media. Our producers help create anything from digital banners to billboards, TV ads, Tik Tok content, and extended branded films. During your time in production, you will assist producers to liaise with external production partners and work with creatives to understand the core of ideas and make them happen, always keeping one eye on the budget and schedule, while ensuring Wonderhood’s creative standards are upheld.
Things to take note of
– We want to offer a flavor of all departments, but if there is one you want to spend more time in, we can tailor your time with us to make sure you’re learning as much as possible.
– You will also be able to assist with exciting new business opportunities that come into the agency, working on live pitches. We will also provide the opportunity to partake in various IPA training courses so, at the end of your 6-month placement, you will have accreditation to further bolster your CV.
– We believe having fun and coming together means we build strong relationships that allow us to get to better work, so we have lots of social events that you’ll be invited to.
Skills and experience
– Curious thinkers that have a finger on the pulse across all aspects of culture.
– Whether it’s music, fashion, or art; having passions and interests in different things makes Wonderhood Studios a more diverse and interesting place to work.
– We ask that you are selfless, responsible, trustworthy, honest, and proactive. A university degree is not required for this position and candidates do not need to have any specific prior experience.
– Aged 18 to 30
– Resident of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest and have attended school or college in these boroughs
– Through STEP, you’ll get paid London Living Wage over a 12-month training program to develop a range of skills and creative approaches and build on your network across different organizations or departments.
– You’ll complete a work-based placement, grow as part of a peer network, take part in regular professional development workshops, and get a budget to produce a collaborative project.
– We’ll also connect you with a specialist industry mentor, provide career coaching and continue to offer support as part of our community after the program.
How to Apply
Complete our STEP application form by 10 am on 03 May 2022. You can upload video or audio responses.
For more information
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity closes: 3rd May 2022
Salary: max £11 per Hour
Read our application guide for some expert tips