Big Cabal Media (BCM) is looking for an insanely talented Senior Graphic Designer.
As a Senior Graphic Designer at BCM, your primary responsibility will be to contribute to BCM’s design work.
You will do this by creating engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media, providing graphic design support to our editorial teams, and a wide range of commercial design work for clients.
Join us as we take African storytelling to a new level and build the media brands of the future. BCM is passionate about storytelling, technology, great design, and the unabashed monetization of great content. We’re interested in talented and adaptable professionals looking to do challenging and high-impact work in a collaborative environment. If this sounds exciting and you’ve got the skills, then we should talk.
Who We Are
Big Cabal Media tells the African stories that matter to Africans (on and off the continent) and to global audiences. We create content in a wide range of formats for global distribution, under our two publications – TechCabal and Zikoko.
TechCabal vividly captures the players, human impact, and business of technology in Africa; providing the content, reporting, data, and events to help the world understand where tech is taking Africa.
Zikoko is telling the most important stories that matter to young African audiences today, creating timeless and original text, image, meme, and video-based content across a range of genres using the most relatable elements of youth culture.
What You’ll Do as Senior Graphic Designer
- Visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, Motion graphics, logos, layouts, and photos.
- Ensure graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Supervise, support, and mentor junior graphic designers on the team.
- Create concepts and designs for print, web, and social projects.
- Developing ideas and strategies that show insight and innovation
- Design assets needed by the product design team for our products and websites.
- Assist Editorial and other departments with design-related requests.
- Contribute creatively to design-related projects both internal and external.
- Work in accordance with BCM’s core values.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
The right person for this role will have;
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing graphic design.
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and others.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing designs for internal use and for our clients.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome.
**Working at Big Cabal Media **
You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun.
We’re a very digital company, working via Slack, Google Docs, and cloud-based solutions where possible. We currently have a hybrid-remote setup, with most of the team doing two days in the office each week and working the rest of the time remotely. We typically try to arrange work between 9 am and 6 pm WAT and encourage you to have a good work-life balance, but we don’t have a stick up our butt about hours. What we are particular about is our quality and results. Our people get things done fast and well.
While collaborative work will be the norm and is the requirement, people who want to work at BCM must also demonstrate initiative and the ability to work without creating more work for their line manager.
Compensation and perks
- Industry competitive salary.
- 20 days annual leave.
- Statutory pension contribution.
- Health insurance.
- Flexible working arrangements.