The Senior Associate, Communications and Digital Media, Girl Up will manage all of Girl Up’s social media channels, planning and implementing a comprehensive digital communications strategy that is data-driven and rooted in analytics, includes innovative content development, and helps the organization reach more supporters and members around the world. They will be responsible for managing Girl Up’s digital strategy across digital platforms, driving strategy for email marketing, and leading on website updates.
They will oversee management of social listening across Girl Up HQ, regional, and Club social accounts. The Senior Associate, Communications and Digital Media, Girl Up reports to the the Deputy Director of Communications, Girl Up and works closely with the communications team; across Girl Up departments, specifically development and programs; and with the UN Foundation’s Public Affairs team.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in communications and digital media, in publishing or media outlet, at a PR agency, or NGO setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field preferred
- Familiarity with global humanitarian issues and issues affecting women and girls globally
- Experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts in coordination with campaign online communications and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube etc.)
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Convio Luminate Online, EveryAction, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, or similar tools), CRM (Salesforce preferred), and CMS platforms (WordPress preferred)
- Experience writing emails and analyzing email campaign performance
- Experience working with youth or member-based organizations preferred
- Experience in digital crisis communications preferred
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team to identify, explore and implement creative online and social media strategies driven by data
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly-changing environment
- Sense of humor, creative energy and a great team player
- Multi-cultural experience, general knowledge of global issues and the United Nations system, and an understanding of the UN Foundation mission, programs, strategy and goals
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
Click here for more details on the application process.