We are looking for a Senior Brand Designer to join the Brand Studio wing of our Brand and Marketing Design team.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a fantastic brand experiences for GitHub’s developer, enterprise, and student audiences.
You’ll work to translate our visual identity into compelling assets, campaigns, artifacts and tools. Collaboration is the key to GitHub’s success. So, you will work closely with other designers, illustrators, animators, program managers, and engineers to propose thoughtful design solutions and ensure a successful outcome.
We see this as a key role in helping define the next era of GitHub’s visual and experiential identity. You’ll support defining brand systems. This will help evolve GitHub into an imaginative and developer-centric world-class brand.
What we’re looking for:
Designers at GitHub are expert individual contributors; they are given a lot of autonomy and trust to work on our most impactful projects. For this role, we’re looking for someone who values the following:
Systems thinking: Our team must apply decisions holistically, making sure to look at new patterns in context of the larger system of the brand and product.
Inclusive design: GitHub is the home for all developers and our brand reflects that — we include and learn from people with a range of perspectives. An inclusivity-first approach helps us solve problems for the many and open up our product for more people.
Creating together: Getting to the right result is our focus. This means that great ideas and solutions can come from anyone — illustrators, designers, engineers, and beyond. Facilitating collaboration between teams and individuals is key so that we continue to evolve our brand and our work alongside the needs of our customers.
Progress and impact: We balance design polish and perfection with progress. We prioritize being solutions-oriented, and iterating and learning as we move forward.
Candidness: We encourage thoughtful candidness and recognize its role in building trust on teams. Making decisions for projects, design patterns, and processes will yield better results when we can get to the “real talk”. It can take time and effort to get there, but it’s worth it.
– Partner with design, marketing, and engineering to create exceptional brand experiences for GitHub’s audiences.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and translate goals into effective, compelling design work.
– Partner with design leaders to execute on a vision for the future of GitHub’s brand and visual strategy.
– Partner closely with design, marketing, and engineering to develop graphic assets leveraging patterns, illustrations, iconography, and motion.
– Use, contribute to, and evolve GitHub’s brand design system and brand guidelines to ensure consistency across our web properties, campaigns, and presentations.
– Produce concepts, sketches, and prototypes to present directional ideas to collaborators and stakeholders, and gather feedback to improve your work.
– Participate in team-wide critiques.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in visual design at an in-house or agency design role.
– A portfolio that demonstrates masterful understanding and application of layout, color, composition and typography.
– A strong body of marketing and/or product design work that tells a compelling and consistent story about a product, business, or initiative.
– Proven experience working within and evolving brand identity systems.
– Experience in fast-paced environments and an ability to balance and adhere to complex timelines.
– Experience working with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
Strong communication skills. Ability to work in an autonomous, remote-friendly environment where communication and collaboration are frequently asynchronous and in writing.
A track record as a great collaborator and proactive self-starter.
Experience collaborating closely with non-designers and bringing design thinking and processes to a wider team or organization.
Experience ensuring creative work is accessible and meets WCAG standards.
Experience contributing to and/or maintaining a brand design system or style guide.
Experience with GitHub workflows.
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $234,300.
At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner