The Creative Economy Practice at CcHUB aims to enhance Job and Wealth Creation, and opportunities for Creative Expression for Africans, through innovation and the application of technology in the African Creative Economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below of a full Senior programme manager in Lagos, Nigeria
This is an exciting opportunity to develop, manage and advise on programmes and partnerships delivered by the Creative Economy Practice at CcHUB. Therefore, the selected candidate will manage programmes in the practice’ portfolio working with the team, sector stakeholders, and Creative Economy ecosystem players around Africa
As a senior programm manger, you will also contribute to fundraising and Business Development efforts to scale up programming.
Your role sits within the Creative Economy Practice in line with the aim to stimulate innovation and technology application to catalyse African Creative Economy growth.
You will also delivers the mission through research, ecosystem development, investment readiness, investor education and advocacy and other projects and initiatives that build capacity, attract capital and support intra – African and global collaboration.
Y our Key Responsibilities
- The Programme Manager (PM) will be responsible for the design, planning, contracting, implementation, and close-out of a portfolio of activities linked to Creative Economy ecosystem development in Africa.
- The PM will also work in close collaboration with the Managing Partner and stakeholders. In this role, you will identify, prioritize, and design activities that will respond to the Creative Economy priorities in order to further the objectives of the practice.
- You will manage planning, scheduling and budging for agreed activities to ensure that all tasks are completed within timeframe and budget parameters defined during project design.
- As the PM, you will serve as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all activities fit within a strategic and applicable portfolio.
- You will interface with other units in the organisation (Finance, Communications, Design) to deliver agreed programmes.
- You will also participate in donor and grant application processes including design, submission and review.
- As the PM, you will provide progress reports on programmes to key officers for prompt decision-making.
Relationship and Stakeholder Management;
- Create a framework that guides engagement between the practice and the various levels of stakeholders; the PM will need to be able to maintain good relations with all associated parties.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for developing new physical and digital audiences for delivery of the practice’ programmes in Africa.
- Identify thematic priorities that align with partner interests and develop standardised Concept Notes for pitching to multiple partners.
- Curate relevant activities, stakeholders, events and workshops that will drive innovation in the selected thematic areas.
Communication and Evaluation;
- Work with the Community Manager and Communications Unit to develop and manage digital marketing and audience development campaigns including but not limited to social media platforms.
- Provide content to the Communications Unit for communications materials for distribution internally and externally.
- Ensure the evaluation strategy for each project is implemented in accordance with program standards and to report likely variations from target.
Team Leadership and Line Management;
- Support the Managing Partner in providing overall team leadership
- Line Management and Matrix management within the team
What You Should Have
A keen understanding of:
- How Creative Economy Value Chains work and current barriers and opportunities within this in an African content
- Programme design and related tools for example relating to financial management and reporting, evaluation, contract management especially working with international donors and funders
- Job creation and livelihood development strategies in an African context
As the ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
- Degree Level or equivalent experience in Economics, Management, or related discipline
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience designing, and leading delivery of incubation, acceleration or capacity building programmes focused on artistic, entrepreneurship, digital or technical skills within the Creative Economy in Africa; at least 5 of these years in a senior role responsible for a large programme or portfolio
- Experience supporting ecosystem development either in a specific sector within, or across the Creative Economy in a formal /corporate context
- Strong networks across at least one major African market for Creative Economy although experience across multiple markets is preferred
- Experience working with international donors/ on international donor funded projects on CCI projects or in related sectors
- Relationship management with senior stakeholders in partner / donor organisations and in government
- Creativity skills in developing programs and methods for engaging an audience toward the success of the unit.
- Project Management qualification is desirable
- Team leadership and line management experience ideally across multiple geographies
- Fluency in French or Arabic (in addition to English) is desirable
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online