M&C Saatchi Group & Saatchi Gallery launch Art Prize to drive meaningful change for emerging artists worldwide.
Together with London’s iconic Saatchi Gallery we have launched a new international art initiative – the annual Art for Change Prize.
As part of a shared mission in making art, culture, and creativity accessible to everyone, this free-to-enter prize is a celebration of emerging artistic talent. It will highlight and stimulate dialogue around visual arts as a medium for positive global and social change and give exposure to emerging artists worldwide.
With the concept of Art for Change in mind, this year’s prize invites emerging artists from around the world to creatively respond to the theme of ‘Equality’.
About the Prize
A total prize fund of £20,000 will be split between six regional winners, five to receive £2,000 each and one overall winner to receive £10,000.
All artists will exhibit their winning works in a dedicated exhibition at Saatchi Gallery in London, a recognized authority in contemporary art, where the overall winner will be announced on Wednesday 7 December 2022.
Who Can Apply?
- The prize is available to emerging artists based in the following M&C Saatchi key global regions: UK, Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
- To apply artists must be aged 18 or over and within the first five years of what they hope to be a successful artistic career.
- Accepted media includes painting, drawing, illustration, photography, collage, 2D mixed-media, video or film.
- Submitted works must creatively respond to the theme ‘Equality’ and have been executed since 1 January 2020.
What kind of works will be accepted?
- Works must be stable and capable of being shipped and installed on a walled surface.
- Submitted works must be available between 1 November 2022 and 31 January 2023 for an exhibition in London.
- One application per artist is permitted with a maximum of five artworks accepted.
- Artists may only enter the prize in the region associated with their country of residence.
- The artwork(s) must be the participants own work(s) and the participant warrants that they have full title to the artwork(s) and that they have all rights to submit the artwork(s).
What are the Important Dates?
Call for entries open: Thursday 14 July 2022
Deadline for entries: Thursday 8 September 2022, 11:59pm UK BST
Regional winners announced: Friday 28 October 2022
Overall winner announced: Wednesday 7 December 2022
Exhibition dates: Thursday 8 December 2022 – Friday 6 January 2023