The Coronavirus touched virtually every corner of the globe and almost every person’s life in some way. Hundreds of thousands have already died, and. its economic ramifications have been disastrous. Individuals have been separated from extended family members and communities; schools and places of worship have been closed.
They want to hear your COVID-19 story. What has the virus taught you about life? If you were not infected, what has your experience been like as an “outsider?”
- How did you manage to cope with quarantine, change of routines, loss of social interaction, and perhaps a decreased sense of community?
- If you are a religious person, what was it like when your place of worship was closed? How did you feel about God during this “calamity”?
- Have your thoughts on the meaning and purpose of life been affected?
Contesters are encouraged to explore this issue in a way that is most meaningful to them, and to do so while making sure to avoid speculative narratives and political polarization.
- Deadline for submissions: March 1, 2021. Winners will be announced on May 31, 2021.
- Contest open to all writers worldwide
- Ideal word count to be between 1,500 and 2,500
- 1st Place – $1,000
- 2nd Place – $500
- 3rd Place – $300
- Two Honorable Mentions – $150 each
Click here to submit.