The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. ANDE is a global network of intermediary organizations that propel small business entrepreneurship in emerging markets with a strong focus on enhancing positive societal impact. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction and evidence of the role of SGBs in job creation, stimulating long-term economic growth, and producing environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty.
ANDE’s West Africa Chapter is looking for a part time Program Associate, based in Lagos. The role will require a minimum commitment of 30 hours a week and it is a 6-month, time limited contract.
- Leading and owning the full implementation scope of specific project initiatives, such as ANDE Gender and Climate Initiative, Learning Labs and training programs.
- Project managing larger initiatives that may span various departments and offices. Helping to structure programming and working with implementation staff to ensure quality delivery of program and tracking allocations and budgets to ensure projects are within budget
- Building and maintaining relationship with members, facilitating connections between the network and identifying new opportunities for members to highlight the value of ANDE membership
- Owning the development of content, scheduling of, and logistics for meetings and networking events for members, as well as topic area webinars, providing guidance to junior staff as necessary to put on high quality events for the ecosystem
- The work routine involves a mix of in-office hours, work from home and external events. Flexible hours and remote work to enable communications with our international staff and members in other time zones is often needed.
- Managing other chapter administrative tasks as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required, preference will be given to those with Master’s degree or have background in entrepreneurship, social impact, economics or business development
• Can accommodate the possibility of travel in the region, should the opportunity arise
• Is fluent in English. Ability to communicate in French at intermediate level is desirable.
• Experience studying or working overseas highly preferred.
• All applicants must have current authorization to work in Nigeria
How to Apply / Contact
Submit a cover letter, salary expectations, and resume to Confidence Ibomeze at email@example.com and please cc’ Olatunji Ajani at firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 10th February, 2021
Applications without cover letter and salary expectations will not be considered. Please send your yearly gross salary (cost to company) expectation in Naira