The Hopper Prize is a grant-making institution and digital archiving platform offering a series of individual artist grants on a bi-annual basis totaling $22,000.00 USD.
We provide unrestricted cash grants in the amount of $3,500 and $1,000 to artist around the globe.
Who We Are
The Hopper Prize was established to provide grants, visibility, and career enhancing validation to artists who demonstrate a serious commitment to their work.
We accept submissions for grants through a bi-annual open call. Each grant cycle is juried by a new team of contemporary curators who select grant winners on the basis of artistic excellence and the promise of future potential.
We view the field of visual art in its broadest and most inclusive sense and therefore make our awards available to artists working in any media.
12 artists receive funding annually (6 in Spring, 6 in Fall)
• $3,500.00 x 4 Artists •
4 Artists Will Each Receive $3,500.00 USD (2 in Spring, 2 in Fall)
• $1,000.00 x 8 Artists •
8 Artists Will Each Receive $1,000.00 USD (4 in Spring, 4 in Fall)
30 artists from each grant cycle (60 annually) will have their work archived at hopperprize.org
When you apply, you may select to have your work considered for additional exposure on Instagram @hopperprize
The Hopper Prize selection panel is composed of leading international contemporary art curators.
Jurors for the current grant cycle are profiled below.
Emily Edwards – Assistant Curator, Dallas. Contemporary
Inês Costa – Curator, Focal Point Gallery. Southend-on-Sea
Who Can Apply
- All Artists Are Encouraged to Apply
- Winning artists will have their work archived at hopperprize.org
- The Hopper Prize is open to all artists age 18 and older working in any media
- There is a $40 submission fee due with your application
Accepting Entries in the following Media
• NEW MEDIA
• TEXTILE ART
How To Apply
We made the application simple to reduce the stress of submitting your work and save you time. The application is short and can be completed in under 20 minutes. The form only contains these fields:
• Name & Email
• Instagram Username (optional)
• Up to 10 Image or Video attachments
• Artwork captions
• Artist Statement (optional)
• Biography (optional)
• JPG files should be 2500 pixels wide on their longest dimension.
• JPG files should not exceed 2 megabytes per file.
• To submit video or time based art, include a URL to the video on Youtube or Vimeo.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Now