The Youth Climate Justice Fund supports with core flexible funding to emerging youth climate justice collectives. Groups can apply for a grant of up to USD 10,000, which can be used for a period of 12 months.
Who Can Apply
- Your group or collective is led by young people aged 35 years and below. In order to be eligible for a YCJF grant, the majority of your leadership must be young people or the individuals with decision making power should be aged 35 years and below.
- Your group, network or collective is based in Africa; the Middle East; Asia-Pacific, South Asia; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Central, and Eastern Europe.
- You believe in and exhibit inclusive organizing, collective action and intersectional movement building.
- Your group, network or collective is based in North America or Western Europe but is led by young people who are discriminated against and/or marginalized based on class, ethnicity, background, etc.
- Non-partisan, non-violent, and legal movements.
We are looking for groups who are;
- Cultivating diverse leadership rooted in fair and equitable climate action with community power.
- Raising ambitions and commitments on climate & socio-environmental justice.
- Holding policymakers accountable to their promises and strengthening community power.
- The call is open for 4 weeks, youth climate justice groups around the globe can apply. Non-English speaking groups are welcome to reach out to Regional Leads for support in applying in their own language
- Applications are screened by the YCJF staff
- Review of proposals per regional priorities and contacting groups to better understand their needs
- Each steering committee member ranks groups based on the YCJF principles, values and key funding priorities.
- YCJF staff and Regional Leads reach out to the selected groups and support them to receive the funding.
- YCJF staff and Regional Leads work with partners to speed the process for groups to receive funding.
- Groups are invited to join the YCJF welcome call and to co-develop youth-to-youth capacity development resources.
Download our application guide available in 5 languages to aid your grant application. Hindi and Swahili coming!
Sounds interesting? Apply here now