Creative Africa is an art and culture consultancy with a focus on cultural production and advocacy. We are building global platforms that equip, connect and showcase creatives and cultural workers of African descent.
About the Role
We are launching a year-round development program for young adults geared toward exploring, enhancing, and directing their creative capabilities. The program will focus strongly on secondary schools, across Nigeria and Africa, to develop and deploy a comprehensive curriculum, as well as events, that inspire and showcase creative works from young people between the ages of 15 and 18. It will straddle creative writing, film, dance, and photography.
We are looking for a pioneering program officer with a clear passion for this age group and the attending competence to develop and manage a program, within the stated objectives.
•Plan and deliver initiatives timely and professionally.
• Cultivate and manage partners and collaborators including schools, artists and donor organizations. Manage communications architecture.
•Carry out periodic evaluation of the program and provide detailed reports to the organization and its partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
Experience working with schools and young people, preferably in an academic or youth development setting.
• A creative thinker and excellent communicator.
• Strong social skills and emotional intelligence.
• Able to write proposals and reports with little or no supervision.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Experience working within or knowledge of the cultural and creative industries is a +
Location: The role is based in Lagos. Selected candidate will be required in the office at least twice a week and work remotely otherwise.
Do send in a CV and cover letter, in the body, to firstname.lastname@example.org if this up your alley.