We are looking for a competent Public Relations (PR) Specialist to shape and protect our corporate image in ways that promote our business, values and mission.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining media relations and collaborating with marketing teams in promotional activities. We expect to see candidates who can impress us with their copywriting and presentation skills. We’ll be on the lookout for experience in corporate communications, project management and social media. Throw a lot of enthusiasm and a pleasant personality into the mix and you’ll be our ideal candidate. The goal is to maintain positive public awareness of the company and its brand.
Who We Are
Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet. We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices. We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world’s most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Formulate PR plans and strategies.
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels.
- Manage media relations and requests.
- Write press releases, speeches and other PR copy.
- Plan and supervise events, fairs, conferences etc.
- Support the implementation of promotional plans.
- Present solutions in times of PR crisis.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors.
- Lead survey initiatives and analyze public opinion.
What You Should Have
- 5 years experience as a public relations specialist or similar position.
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking.
- Proficiency in English.
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option.
Sounds Interesting? Apply Here