Application for the 2021 SprinNG Women Authors Prize is now open.
The application is open from July 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
The SprinNG Women Authors Prize (#SWAPng) will select a Nigerian Female Author annually – someone who has published a full-length book in print and invest N200,000 in purchasing, distributing, and marketing print copies of her book nationwide through our independent book reviewers, sister literary websites and events whom we collaborate with.
We are simply looking for female Nigerian authors who have published excellent books that deserve to be promoted and supported. Only one Nigerian female author will be selected annually for this prize. However, we will use the opportunity to promote other select authors through interviews, book reviews, newsletter promotions, and collaborations to increase their visibility in the Nigerian literary sphere.
- The applicant must be a female Nigerian author between ages 21 – 45.
- Applicants can only submit one book for the nomination in the select genres listed in our application.
- Eligible genres: Only Poetry (Collection of poetry or prose poems), fiction (novels, collection of short stories), and nonfiction (memoirs and essays) are eligible for application. We are NOT ACCEPTING children’s books, plays, or drama for this prize.
- The nominated book can be of any theme.
- The nominated book can be self-published or released by a publisher between 2015 and September 2021.
- The book nominated must be available in print for purchase in Nigeria.
Click here for more details.